Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ultimate Energy Cleanse || Day 7 || 9 November 2009

Wow! I just had my last serving of Chinese Herbs and I am nearing the end of my official Cleanse.

I celebrated with a Mango “Daiquiri” this afternoon, and dinner was a cold salad (Avocado and Sprout Salad) and a warm salad (Asparagus and Arugula Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette on Quinoa). After I digest (at least 1 hour after a small meal; 2 hours after a large meal), I will probably treat myself to apple slices with chai spice chutney. ALL HOMEMADE FROM SCRATCH!

I am really very grateful to the ladies behind the Ultimate Energy Cleanse. I so appreciate their enthusiasm for healthy living and their belief in this Cleanse. They have well-prepared the kit; I’m particularly grateful for the stellar recipes they suggest. Each one I made was honestly so delicious! Also, I probably sent them an email every day asking one question or another, and they replied to each and every one in a timely manner. Great product; great service!

I’m even convinced that the uber expensive products are worth it. (If you’ve never tried grade b organic maple syrup, you absolutely must.) My father has always said, “You get what you pay for!” and I constantly find validation for this statement. When I was living in Santa Monica, it was relatively easy to go organic for everything. Even though organic products would still cost a bit more than conventional ones, the difference was usually nominal. Here in Hong Kong, however, organic is much more expensive. On top of organic normally costing more, most of our produce in general has to be imported. I haven’t done the research, but I bet the majority of our produce is imported. There aren’t many Hong Kong companies that manufacture organic body products either. So, nearly all organic products are imported. But I sincerely believe that organic tastes better because it is better...more love, care, and consciousness has gone into the final product. You might even say an organic apple has better energy than a conventional one!

That said, I am concerned about the carbon footprint factor. Ideally, one would eat organic and locally grown foods. For me, that isn’t feasible, so I wonder, while I am putting better quality foods into my body, what about the global body that I’m affecting negatively?

The best that I can do is balance all these factors out. I try to buy as much organic produce from China (although, who knows really what their standards are, right?!), and I try to be mindful about staying within my budget. I certainly don’t want to be living on the street because of my attachment to organic foods!

All in all, the entire process was way less challenging and way more exciting and delicious than I expected. I feel very light, clean, clear, and energized. I truly see the value and necessity of incorporating tons of fresh fruits and veggies in my diet. I think that’s the biggest realization (aside from the amazing realization that I’m not a terrible cook): that even though I was eating some fruit and some veggies everyday, I can do with a much greater percentage of it. I can’t imagine not taking most of the newly learned practices into my everyday life!

Of course…plus (organic) coffee…at least every now and then.

1 comment:

Javed said...

Regular practice of yoga will have many healthy benefits and age is not a criteria as to if you can do this.
Yoga Teacher Training San Francisco